POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Learning (but not quick enough) : Re: Learning (but not quick enough) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:17:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Learning (but not quick enough)
From: s day
Date: 5 May 2006 18:25:00
Message: <web.445bd02e77d0c546f1a899fd0@news.povray.org>
"Marc" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can anyone tell me whats wrong with this image, The water (which looks like
> engine oil) is too dark, yet if i remove the glass It is the perfect color.
> It doesn't matter if i turn photons on or off or seemingly anything i do has
> no effect, i've attached the .pov file too, pls help!
>
> Marc

It is to do with the small space you have between the water and the glass
surfaces, the glass is differenced with 0.03 and water is set to size
0.02999 set the water to 0.03 as well and the effect will be better, you
will also have to adjust the bottom surface of the water as you will have a
similar black effect there.

Sean